Detergent strips are pre-measured, concentrated sheets of laundry detergent that dissolve in water. You may know them by different names: laundry sheets, laundry tabs, liquidless laundry detergent squares, etc. Our detergent strips are rectangular, biodegradable detergent sheets that dissolve quickly in water to remove stains and odors from clothing.
No more measuring messy liquids and powders or lugging heavy plastic containers—laundry strips usually come in lightweight cardboard packages.
The Best Laundry Detergent Strips
The best laundry detergent strips will be eco-friendly, effective, and affordable. Our detergent strips are all three.
At Smart Sheep, we believe in crafting solutions that are as effective as they are ethical. Our detergent strips are evidence of this dedication, shining as an example of excellence in a field of mediocrity.
So, what makes our laundry strips the best? Let’s see their specifics:
- Superior cleaning power: our detergent strips are formulated with powerful cleaning agents that effectively remove stains, dirt, and odors from your clothes, ensuring a pristine clean with every wash.
- Eco-friendly formulation: we prioritize sustainability by using eco-friendly ingredients that are gentle on the environment. Our detergent strips are free from harmful chemicals and phosphates, making them a safe and responsible choice for your laundry routine.
- Convenience: each package of our laundry strips contains 48 strips, providing long-lasting convenience. The lightweight and compact design of the packaging makes them easy to store and ideal for travel or on-the-go laundry needs.
- Plastic-free solution: unlike many traditional laundry products, our detergent strips are completely free from plastic. They dissolve easily in water without leaving any microplastics behind. They come in paper-based packaging, reducing plastic waste and protecting our planet.
- Versatile performance: our detergent strips are suitable for both regular and high-efficiency (HE) washing machines, ensuring exceptional performance across various laundry appliances.
- Trusted quality: we take pride in our commitment to quality. Smart Sheep Detergent Strips are meticulously crafted using premium ingredients, undergoing rigorous testing to ensure they meet our high standards of effectiveness and reliability.
How to Use Detergent Strips?
Detergent strips are simple to use. Just toss a strip into each load of laundry. 2 strips if your load is large or especially dirty.
- To use, simply tear off a premeasured strip.
- Place the strip into the washing machine drum.
- Add the laundry.
- Start your preferred wash cycle.
No mess, no measuring, and no complicated instructions.
The Benefits of Laundry Strips
Our laundry strips are a perfect, eco-friendly solution for your washing process. Plus, they give your laundry a fresh scent without any artificial fragments. They also come with a bunch of other benefits.
Let’s see what benefits detergent strips have to offer.
Our laundry strips are highly concentrated for effective stain removal and odor elimination, leaving your clothes fresh and clean.
Our plastic-free detergent strips are a more sustainable option than traditional detergents because they are made with fewer chemicals and packaging materials. They dissolve completely in water, leaving no microplastics behind and minimizing the environmental impact.
Laundry strips are an excellent choice for people who live in small apartments or are constantly on the go. They take up very little space in a suitcase or a storage closet because they are thin and lightweight. This makes them an ideal choice for travelers, college students, and anyone who values convenience and simplicity.
No Measuring or Spills
Unlike liquid or powder detergents, laundry strips require no measuring or pouring. Simply grab a strip and toss it into the washing machine for hassle-free laundry.
Laundry strips can be used for various types of laundry, including regular clothes, delicates, and even baby clothes. They're also gentler on fabrics and less likely to cause fading or pilling. They are, therefore, a great option for delicates and other sensitive items that harsh detergents might harm. They are suitable for both top-load and front-load washing machines.
Better than Traditional Liquid Laundry Detergents
Our detergent strips are way better than liquid laundry detergents. They’re more compact, more eco-friendly, and better for your health.
Liquid detergents can cause a range of problems for our planet and for people. Switching to eco-friendly detergent strips can help avoid some of these problems. Here’s why our strips are better.
- Work just as well as traditional detergents
- Take up less space than the average detergent container
- No mess in measuring or pouring
- Reduce the amount of plastic waste
- Zero-waste packaging
- Made primarily from plant-based ingredients
- Travel friendly
- Available without added fragrance, making them suitable for individuals with dry or sensitive skin
DIY Laundry Strips
DIY laundry detergent strips aren’t exactly easy, but they’re doable. If you’re super motivated to create your own laundry strips, follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Bar of soap
- Cheese grater
- A cooking pot
- Whisk and spatula
- Easy to clean flat surface, such as a cookie sheet
- Base textile, such as a washcloth or paper towel
Pick a fabric (handkerchief, washcloth, or paper towel) to act as the base for your laundry detergent sheet. Spread your clean fabric out on a surface that can be easily cleaned.
Grate the entire bar of soap into a pot using a cheese grater.
Add it to the cooking pot. Stir constantly over medium heat while adding water a little at a time and using a whisk. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water at a time until it reaches a soupy consistency.
When the soap reaches a soupy consistency, remove it from the heat and pour it over the fabric that will serve as your homemade laundry detergent sheet. Spread the soap evenly across the surface of the fabric using a spatula.
Allow your detergent sheet to dry. The soap mixture will return to a dry, semi-rigid state as the water evaporates.
Because your laundry detergent sheet may shed some flakes during travel, you should place it in a bag. If you're using paper towels as the base for your DIY laundry detergent sheets, cut them to size and fold them before packing them.
Homemade detergent strips may not be as concentrated as commercially available ones. Adjust the number of strips used per load based on your laundry's size and level of dirtiness.